Follow these instructions if the app stalls after purchase:
- Go to Settings and turn Airplane Mode ON. This will reset your internet connection.
- Power off your device by holding down the power button on the top-right corner. Wait 30 seconds and then power on your device again.
- Go to Settings and turn Airplane Mode OFF. Wait for your Internet connection to establish (Searching… will change to bars).
- Make sure you have a good internet connection either WI-FI or cell tower. If possible, use a WI-FI connection for this procedure.
- Open the Trout Stream GPS App and go to the Trout Streams tab in the bottom left corner.
- Scroll to the state where you river is located and click the blue button to view available maps.
- If your map purchase was successful, the river will be highlighted green and the button will say INSTALLED.
- Tap the river name. This will display some waypoints on the river. Zoom out to view the entire river.
If this does not work, you can delete the app from your device, Power it OFF and then back ON. Then, reinstall the app and purchase the map again. You will not be charged twice for a map.
I purchased the watauga river map!! I don’t know where the map is on the app or how to view it!! Please help!
Your map should display immediately after you purchase it. If it dose not, here’s how to view it:
- Go to the main map screen and tap the “Trout Streams” tab in the bottom left corner. This will display a list of states.
- Scroll to the state where the map is located and tap the arrow to the right of the state name. This will display a list of maps in the state.
- Scroll to the map you purchased. If your purchase was successful, the map will be highlighted green* and the button will say “INSTALLED”. Tap the name of the map to view it. You will be taken to the main map screen and see a bunch of green pins marking the location of fly fishing related waypoints.
*If the map is not highlighted green, the map was not purchased. Click the “BUY” button to purchase the map. Note that the App Store will not let you purchase a map twice. If you purchased a map previously, the App Store will display a message letting you know and asking if you want to download it again for free.
Hope this helps! Please let us know if you need any further assistance. Suggestions on how we can improve are always appreciated.
Only a small collection of maps…
Version 2.2 – Feb 26, 2011
Not very many states are covered by this app. Georgia isn’t. I forget all of the ones that are, but the list isn’t very extensive… Always worth a try, since it’s free and all, but I personally don’t need it.
We have coverage in 18 states and have recently received many requests for maps in the East such as Georgia, North Carolina and Virginia. We plan on focusing on this area next. What rivers in Georgia would you like to see?
I love this app but I wish it had were I go fishing the west vigina mountains there is some great trout fishing in west vigina there is 3 rivers close together and great camping I hope to see this on your app and it would be perfect in my eyes
Thanks for the comments. We are going to focus on this area next as we have received many requests for Virginia, Georgia, North Carolina, etc.
Northeast – VT, NH, MA
Seriously guys….we fish in the Northeast quite a bit…and yes for trout not just stripers. Get it togther. Deerfield River (MA), White River (VT), Dog River (VT), Mad River(VT), CT River – to name a very, very few…..I dowloaded this app as I thought it would be helpful, but useless other than way overfished (Beaverkill) big name water. C’MON! Make it useful for small, hard to find water in the VT, NH and ME — that would be great for the 000’s of us out this way.
Thank you for the feed back and we hear your frustration! There are thousands of trout streams in the USA and the challenge is figuring out which ones to concentrate on first. Here is how we currently decide:
We receive a constant stream (no pun intended) of requests from users via the “Notify me of new maps” button in the app. We tabulate these requests and try to focus on the streams that are requested most often.
If you want to influence what trout streams are included, send in your request because user requests ultimately decide the order in which we add maps.
by Ultimate redneck
Put in maps for Minnesota please
Thanks for the four star rating! What rivers you would like to see in Minnesota?
by Cali fishing
4 maps for California??!!?? I can think of 20 places within 2 hours of my house. Glad this was free.
Thanks for the request. We added six new trout streams in California in version 2.3 bringing the total number to 10. Hope this helps and thanks for the feedback! We are doing our best to add maps as fast as possible.